Old August 22nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
D_Mac

Default Amateur Sport Photo Competition with prize

On Aug 23, 6:44 am, "Frank ess" wrote:
I believe you demean yourself and your efforts by responding here to
such whiny bleats. If you must reply, take it off-line.

Thank you for your attention.

--
Frank ess

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
The prize is shipped directly from the sponsor, so in this case from
the US.
No, us Aussies aren't all so thin skinned but the crap I get from
people with more mouth than brains gets to me sometimes.

If so supportive why call me a shill? You started it, I've just
reacted.
As for the delay, who has suffered from it? I decided to do other
things. They'll be up before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, The Digital ImageMaker,http://www.dimagemaker.com/
Photography and Art Forums
http://www.dimagemaker.com/forums/index.php
Personal art sitehttp://www.cosshall.com/

Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:50 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall"
wrote:

On Aug 22, 12:03 am, "Wayne J. Cosshall"
wrote:

No, so much to do my day job, so much to put out press releases,
so
much to write the depression article a lot of people found useful
and so much to do the camera tests I'm doing at the moment. Oh and
I forgot, do some art, be president of school council and be a
parent and husband. But I see you have 24/7 to be an idiot. I base
this on your
willingness to be rude to someone whose competitions you try
entering.

I was about to commend you for what you do until I read that last
paragraph. Are all you Aussies so thin-skinned?

================

And your images will be judged like all the rest, on the quality
of
your images, not the idiot who took them.

As if I had a chance to "win" anyway. I know you aren't gonna pick
me as the winner. The shipping of the prize would cost you more
than the prize is worth.
I was just interested to see what others came up with. As a shill
for your website you should know the value of the publicity that I
could help bring to your site. And now you had to go and **** that
up. Your loss.

Having said that, I don't have a problem with you or your website.
enjoy looking at some of the pics from your photo competitions.
Some
people might think you are spamming the newsgroups, but I don't.
My
only problem is when you make a statement and can't deliver on it.
Two weeks ago you wrote, " The winner and finalists of the July
Macro
competition will be up in the next couple of days."

Time flies when you're havin fun.

Some sheep eat grass. Some find eternal life in clothes... Others just
get eaten! Wayne has been making money from plagiarizing "news"
articles from photographic equipment vendors via his web site for a
couple of years now. I think it's only fair someone ought to question
his motives for doing it.

No Journalist - Ex or otherwise has any right - ethical or moral - to
use a newsgroup for profit without getting flak from those who want it
kept free of commercial interests. Every click to his site produces
advertising he gets paid to put in your face. If Wayne posted a link
to the "News item," he plagiarizes from the original web site, he
wouldn't make any money. As it is, he really needs to put his house in
order before he starts calling his "customers" idiots.

That's all he's about, making money from "click through" advertising.
He's gotten away with for long enough. How he's done it, is an amazing
feat of deception in the first place. By absolute definition, he is
spamming the newsgroups. I'm sure a complaint to his ISP, listing his
plethora of newsgroup spam - all pointing to plagiarized posts, he'd
pretty soon have no Internet access and his site's perceived
"popularity" would revert back to the zero- rating it deserves.

Doug