Old September 14th 04, 11:33 AM
Malcolm Stewart

"Peter Chant" wrote in message
"Malcolm Stewart" writes:
... and I note that they make a feature of using multi-layer boards.

Does
this indicate that other digicams don't use them?

How long have multilayer boards been around, at least 20 years I'd guess.
This is assuming double sided boards don't count as multi layer.

And that was my point as I was specifying them for military equipment many,
many years ago. Without thinking about it, I'd simply assumed that our
(more expensive) modern gadgets used multi-layer boards, but for Pentax to
make an issue of it (for the *st DS) may suggest that they know otherwise.
Perhaps flexible multilayer boards are more difficult?

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK