Old June 23rd 09, 07:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default R.I.P. Kodachrome

Robert Coe wrote:
I'm not sure I could still get batteries for my Nikon F-2. :^|

I think the F2 uses A-76 (alkaline) batteries. After much playing around I
found that my Nikormat Ftn underexposed slightly with them. For example,
I needed to set it to ASA 320 for ISO 400 film.

Then I found that you can buy zinc oxide hearing aid batteries that are the
same size and 1.4 volts. My local HMO pharmacy had them 6 for $15. They dry out
and stop working, so they last about a month in the Summer and 4-6 months
in the Winter here.

Geoff.