Old August 21st 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default Compression in JPEG files in digital cameras

Ron Hunter added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

Why does a person buy a DSLR, and then shoot at a resolution
barely better than the early digital cameras produced? If you
want only 1.5mp,
why spend money on a DSLR? Even a $99 P&S camera will give
better
images than you get that way. I can only conclude that for
your needs, small size is more important than image quality.
I can only assume that you only capture images for web use.

There are many reasons why a DSLR is preferable besides just the
mega pixels it can produce. And, I've stated enough times why I
prefer 4 to 8 generally, so I shan't repeat myself here. Suffice to
say that there are times I go to 8 and as I just replied to David
Taylor, I DO perform controlled tests on a number of key set-up
parameters to determine what seems to work best for the particular
photographic situations I find myself in as well as my current
level of skill in PSP 9. David said it best: what works best for
you, is best for you.

As to the conclusions you reached, be wary of jumping to incorrect
conclusions based on no facts and only unfounded assumptions. If
you don't know me or the reasons I do what I do, as evidenced by
periodic posts I make on the subject of mega pixels, then you might
leap to a wrong view of my intelligence either when purchasing a
camera or using it. I have found in life that it usually is not
wise to take extreme views and verbally spank others who happen not
to agree with me.

--
HP, aka Jerry