Old May 20th 07, 06:23 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,alt.appalachian
Guv Bob

Default Canon Pixma IP6210D Printer - Hep Kindly Requested Over Hyar

Thanks, will keep an eye open for the 1/2-price sale. At the El Cheapo
super bargain basement big box and cheap gas stores they are $25 and $30 =
$55+tax.....

So.... I jest hot footed it down to one of them and bought me a differnt
printer complete with ink cartridges - Canon MP160 on sale far $39.95. Will
let you know if it is worth a diddly dadburn.

Thanks for all the help David!

Yores trew lee and sign it.

David Hale wrote in messag
Guv Bob wrote:
Looks to me like the print head is part of the cartridge. They ain't no
other thang between the cartridge and the paper.

That being the case you should be able to remedy the problem by
replacing all of the ink cartridges.

David Hale

Just now I drilled out all 3 holes in both CL-51 and CL-52 cartridges

and
filled all the compartments up with black ink. I know, I know... but

I'm
getting ready to throw the printer out so what the heck (sorry ladies).

Now when go to print, I git a messige saying that neither cartridge can

be
recognized and the dang thang won't even print now.

What the heck far is a going on hyar??

Guv Bob

David Hale wrote in message
Guv Bob wrote:
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black

catridge
and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and

it
worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning

thang a
few times .... BUTT ...

Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man??

Thank yew kind innernet loiterers.

Guv Bob

PS - I kin spend up to $4.99.

From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink
container with the print electronics being attached to the frame the
cartridge mounts into. Epson printers are similar.

You have the print cartridge in hand so you can determine this. If the
electronics and print head are on the cartridge itself, then a new one
should do the trick.

If you allow the printer to set for even a brief period after the ink

is
exhausted the ink dries in the print head and replacing the "container"
with new ink or inking the old one doesn't dislodge it.

A canon service center probably has the means to solve the problem but
the repair bill probably would exceed the price of a new printer.

David Hale

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+