Old April 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Camera to USB connection problem????HELPPPPPPPPPPP

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:16:59 GMT, jazu wrote:

If that doesn't help, if possible, try to see if you get better
results with the camera connected to a friend's computer that has a
known functioning USB port, testing with your cable. If that
doesn't work, try the friend's cable.

I will, but I think cable is ok. When I'm plugin in or out I got
recognition sound.

You might also get a recognition sound if the camera was switched
to Web-Cam mode. But at this point Joseph's suggestion seems more
promising. Your problems coming so soon after installing a Windows
Update certainly makes it suspect. Updates have frequently been
known to cause problems. I recall some Sony audio devices that
stopped working properly when connecting to computers via USB after
XP updates (I read about this a year or two ago).