Old November 17th 04, 08:16 PM
Don Wiss

On 16 Nov 2004 09:48:12 -0800, (lisa miller) wrote:

To use it in Asia...does one have to buy a power converter from 110 V
to 220V ?
or do these products work on all these voltages ?

Power converters weigh a lot. You should get a universal charger if you
can. Nikon now ships such with their cameras. They are very lightweight and
with the right plug adapter will work anywhere in the world. Here's one,
but only for AA size batteries:
http://thomas-distributing.com/maha-...ry-charger.htm

The problem is they come with unnecessary 7' power cords. I then cut them
down. The first one I made 18". Then next one I do (for the Nikon charger)
will be only 12" or less. This picture is the first of three showing my
splicing: http://www.donwiss.com/pictures/rpd/h0009.htm

As for the plug type look at this chart: http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Don donwiss at panix.com.