Old September 16th 04, 02:16 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Brian C. Baird writes:

They're bonkers.

But they did announce the D2X. Finally made the switch to CMOS - with
12.4 megapixels I don't think the CCD would cut it in terms of noise.

No, I suspect the limitation is readout speed. Though the reason you
can't just keep increasing the clock speed on a CCD is the noise
increase.

I wonder if the F6 was derived from the D2 series. More probably, they
were developed together, and the degree to which they share technology
made it economical to do two cameras rather than just one.

--
-Stephen H. Westin