Old March 28th 18, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

I find Win98 just as stable as XP. But that might be becuse I run it on
a computer with the maximum RAM that 98 allowed. I clear cache and
clutter daily, and defrag weekly. I also run Kernel-EX, which was a good
after market addition.

masochism at its finest.

Yea, XP always takes some taming, and that activation is a pain
everytime I want to install a new hard drive.

changing a hard drive shouldn't trigger it but if it does, it's trivial
to reactivate.

unless you pirated it. then it's a pain.

But XP was always a decent
OS, and had far better USB support than 98.

that's not saying much, and you still don't have usb 3 support.