Old November 19th 18, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts[_2_]

Default photographer-takes-adobe-to-court-for-deleting-photos-worth-250k

On 19/11/18 14:02, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 19 November 2018 12:20:08 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:

I'm recognising the real world -

Not everyone lives in the same real world.

In my real world, spinning hard drives are susceptible to shock damage
and a variety of other modes of failure that a pure electronic device is
not.

What world do you live in?

But that doesn't make it THE most robust device.

For the second time, I have never claimed that. I said it was "better".
because yuo are wrong, it;s that simple, ask google what type of drives they use in their servers then argue with them that they should eb using SSDs.

I'm not wrong.

Google design redundancy in at a server level and at a high factor (ie
they'll tolerate more that one device in a group failing.

This only translates to backups *if* you are prepared to back up to
several spinning disks.

Most normal people struggle with backing things up at all. Ergo a more
expensive less likely to fail due to accidents/mechanical issues device
is generally what I recommend for that type of user.

If you are sure of your own regime, that's fine for you.

In the general case of the average person, I completely stand behind my
advice.

--
Email does not work