Old November 19th 18, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default photographer-takes-adobe-to-court-for-deleting-photos-worth-250k

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Obviously - I did not claim it was infallible - just that it was
*better* than a mechanical spinning disk.

Better in what respect ?
Theres no evidence yet that it is better for backups as that depends on the
users and the amount backed up SSD are NOT the best for me, mostly due to
cost, i.e the number I'd need.

yep, and the speed advantages are lost.

I'm really not sure why some are finding a simple argument so hard to grasp?

because yuo are wrong, it;s that simple, ask google what type of drives they
use in their servers then argue with them that they should eb using SSDs.

or read a bit more about the subject.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ssd-re...es-experience/

€ SSD age, not usage, affects reliability.
The SSD is less likely to fail during its normal life, but more
likely to lose data.

so much for being better.

worse, he wants to archive stuff on a single device and then put it in
a drawer, which means only *one* copy. that's a disaster waiting to
happen.