Old March 18th 14, 01:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN[_4_]

Default D300 took years to fall to 1/2 price. D7000 took months.

On 3/17/2014 8:26 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Ah! The marketing expert speaks yet again.

go bitch at nikon and tell them they're wrong.

it's you who knows all about their motives.I humbly apologize for
questioning yet another of your pontifications.

they didn't pick their strategy at random.

i'm *quite* sure that nikon knows *way* more about the camera industry
than you do (not that would be difficult).

nikon decided that they wanted to have something between the d90 and
d300 and between the d300 and d700. it's worked out well (other than
some manufacturing issues).

but feel free to set them straight. maybe they could use your supposed
expertise. or maybe they'll just laugh at your stupidity.

You are amazing. Here's another question that you will not directly answer.
Just exactly where did I criticize Nikon?
Indeed I marvel at you knowledge of the thinking of a successful
Japanese company.

BTW It would be interesting to know how you have even a rudimentary
understanding of Japanese culture. My understanding comes from years of
acting as a business and legal adviser to Japanese and Korean
corporations, whose names would be familiar to you.

--
PeterN