Old January 24th 04, 02:35 PM
Smitty

Default Gym help

You did not say what sport your shooting in the gym. If it is basketball
then I can offer you some ideas. Look at my sports shots at
www.adroit-images.com if this is what your trying to do then email me direct
and I'll coach you through it.
Smitty

"Alan Kerr" wrote in message
Are you taking them under tungsten light? You will need a warming filter
if that is the case to compensate for the light or get some film
designed for shooting under tungsten lights.

Alan

Mark Best wrote:

Can anyone give me advice on taking photographs in a gym without them

coming
out orange? I have a Canon AE-1 Program and I'd like to use an 80-200

zoom.
I've tried using 400 or 800 in program mode but the camera chooses
super-slow shutter speeds which causes the action to be all blurry.

Trying
to set shutter speed myself results in orange-tinted pictures. I

haven't
tried my flash because it just doesn't seem enough for such a large

space,
not to mention I don't want to blind the atheletes, but should I try?

Any
suggestions? I'm using Kodak film, tried shutter speeds from 30 to

1000,
and I've been letting the camera pick the f-stop.