Old January 24th 04, 09:42 AM
Alan Kerr

Default Gym help

Are you taking them under tungsten light? You will need a warming filter
if that is the case to compensate for the light or get some film
designed for shooting under tungsten lights.

Alan

Mark Best wrote:

Can anyone give me advice on taking photographs in a gym without them coming
out orange? I have a Canon AE-1 Program and I'd like to use an 80-200 zoom.
I've tried using 400 or 800 in program mode but the camera chooses
super-slow shutter speeds which causes the action to be all blurry. Trying
to set shutter speed myself results in orange-tinted pictures. I haven't
tried my flash because it just doesn't seem enough for such a large space,
not to mention I don't want to blind the atheletes, but should I try? Any
suggestions? I'm using Kodak film, tried shutter speeds from 30 to 1000,
and I've been letting the camera pick the f-stop.