Old December 19th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
SMS

Default 2 questions about digital cameras

Neil Jones wrote:

Thank you for replying. This explanation is very helpful. When I
bought my Powershot G3 in late 2004, the term "Prosumer" was used a lot
since, at that time it was one of the high-end P&S cameras. Technology
has evolved a lot and now I am hearing other terms as SuperZooms,
MegaZooms and Micro Four Thirds (that is something I learned today).

The G3 was one of the best G series cameras. Still had the articulated
LCD (which the G10 doesn't have), and they didn't go crazy with
megapixels so noise isn't as bad. Too bad there's no CHDK for the G1,
G2, G3, G5, or G6.

The G10 is of the same lineage, but they've decontented it. The G10 is
$415. You can get a D-SLR for about that, though you'll need to spend
something on lenses if you don't already have some EOS lenses.