Old May 15th 12, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

On 2012-05-15 14:47:02 -0700, David Dyer-Bennet said:

Mxsmanic writes:

David Dyer-Bennet writes:

I absolutely agree. I like B&W a lot, especially for portraits.

But you can't have it both ways, you can't be on about "real", and shoot
B&W, and espect to be taken seriously.

Two different things: Removing information, and changing it. I may remove it,
but I don't change it. Shooting in black and white just removes information;
shooting with a filter changes it.

I do not agree; most especially with a basic color filter, which does
nothing more than blocking some amounts of some colors of light -- a
classic case of "removing information" if there ever was one.

Use of physical filters has, and always will be subtractive. Stack R,
G, & B filters and check on the result.

Yes, of course it is, and that doesn't change anything. Removing some
light can make two things that looked "different" originally look "the
same".
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info