Old May 14th 12, 05:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

On 2012-05-14 08:32:52 -0700, David Dyer-Bennet said:

Mxsmanic writes:

nospam writes:

usual ones for b/w are red or yellow, but also polarizer and others.

Why? I never use filters for black and white, and the results are just fine.

You're weird :-).

No kidding!

Seriously, using filters to control B&W tonal rendering is *extremely*
common among people doing B&W landscape photography, and other kinds for
that matter.

Yup! Always was, and I used them through all of my formative years,
until I started shooting color around 1971.

Ansel Adams was famous for pushing the skies to really
dramatic low levels with a red filter.

Yup! I guess he hadn't consulted with "Mxsmanic" to learn that he was
wasting his time.

Savageduck