Old May 14th 12, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Trevor[_2_]

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

"PeterN" wrote in message
As I posted elsewhere, experiments are part of understanding a process. I
used to mix my own developers, not to save money, which I didn't, but to
learn how the different times and chemicals affected the images.

Me too, along with thousands of other darkroom experiments.

see no reason to trivialize his experiments.

OK, not trivializing them, just surprised he didn't realise his findings
were well known for well over half a century. Of course it's nice to see
these things for yourself, but then there is no need to post as if it's a
new discovery. However I'm not having a shot at him if he didn't already
know, and I'm sure many others hadn't thought about it.
I'm sure Prokudin-Gorsky knew about it however.

Trevor.