Old May 14th 12, 09:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Trevor[_2_]

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

"Savageduck" wrote in message
Why? I'm puzzled that he didn't realise people were doing this over 50
years
ago with multiple exposures on color film using real filters, and the
main
aim was to get those colored ripples on water, or rainbow colored clouds
etc. That's the only reason to do it these days too, not try to
eliminate
it as David suggests. Obviously Prokudin-Gorsky would have seen this
effect
immediately and taken steps to avoid it when he didn't want it.
However if Prokudin-Gorsky used a 3 lens projector, why could he not use
a 3
lens camera and take simultaneous images? Are we sure he didn't? The
image
of the Nilova Monastery shows no colored ripples on the water or clouds
at
all, so either it's been very heavily doctored, or he did take
simultaneous
images.

It is thought Prokudin-Gorsky probably used a personally customized
versions of the earlier Adolf Miethe camera produced by Bermpohl Company.

That camera doesn't take simultaneous images, so the question remains why no
color artifacts are visible in the Prokudin-Gorsky photo's. If they have in
fact been doctored to the extreme, it should have beeen stated what was done
IMO.

Trevor.