Old May 12th 12, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

On 5/11/2012 10:44 AM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
writes:

Bruce wrote,on my timestamp of 11/05/2012 5:50 AM:

1. Leica M Monochrom, with 18 MP black and white full frame sensor. No
need for a Bayer pattern, no AA filter, no interpolation. Low noise
up to ISO 10,000.

Hmmm.... I can see already plans for a Photoshop add-on tool to merge
together three images taken with R,G,B filters. Kinda like a modern
autochrome @ 10000.

It's easy enough to do without any special tool. I did it testing my
theories about what caused certain background effects in the famous
Prokudin-Gorsky photos (http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/); my RGB
merges are athttp://dd-b.net/ddbcms/2001/05/composite-color/.

Interesting experiments.

--