Old May 11th 12, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Trevor[_2_]

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
Hmmm.... I can see already plans for a Photoshop add-on tool to merge
together three images taken with R,G,B filters. Kinda like a modern
autochrome @ 10000.

It's easy enough to do without any special tool. I did it testing my
theories about what caused certain background effects in the famous
Prokudin-Gorsky photos (http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/); my RGB
merges are at http://dd-b.net/ddbcms/2001/05/composite-color/.

And I used to do it for special effects 40 years ago, I sure as hell don't
need to do it for normal photo's though.
And I'm even more sure I don't need to buy a Mono Leica to take color
photo's! :-)
Now B&W photography where that 10,000 ISO would be really usable might be
another matter however, but only if Canon or Nikon decided to offer a body
with such a sensor.

Trevor.