Old May 11th 12, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

Bruce wrote,on my timestamp of 11/05/2012 5:50 AM:

1. Leica M Monochrom, with 18 MP black and white full frame sensor. No
need for a Bayer pattern, no AA filter, no interpolation. Low noise
up to ISO 10,000.

Hmmm.... I can see already plans for a Photoshop add-on tool to merge together
three images taken with R,G,B filters. Kinda like a modern autochrome @ 10000.

2. Leica Summicron 50mm f/2 ASPH. The first 50mm Summicron with an
aspherical element. The previous (pre-ASPH) model was one of the
sharpest lenses ever made. This one will be even better.

Yummy! Pity the price...