Old April 28th 12, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

On 2012-04-22 21:57 , Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 19, 12:55 am, wrote:
On Apr 19, 2:27 pm, wrote:

Even if you cranked the Nikon down 2/3 of a stop it would still look
like ****.

Then why didn't they?
Or cranck the 5d3 up 1 stop so that someone can see what the heck it
was shooting?

The point was to simulate what the footage would look like lit by
candlelight. It isn't the tester's fault that Nikon cranks up the
sensitivity and the noise to try to attain a brighter picture. Of
course, the guy who did the test says the difference was caused by the
framing of the shot (the Nikon being a cropped sensor and all), but I
don't see how that would matter if everything is set manually.

If a shooter has the Nikon and has to shoot those conditions, it is
clear enough that he'll find the settings that make it work best for the
Nikon. They don't have to be the same settings as on the Canon. This
is the point about this "test" that I think is unfair to Nikon.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.