Old April 28th 12, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default frankencamera...

Chloe wrote,on my timestamp of 28/04/2012 12:08 AM:

All of you are entirely correct and completely wrong at the same time, depending
on the application of the subject. Precision in wording is missing from all your
posts.

Really? I think you are being a bit vague there...

ladies... Forget all about the size of the composition, it's the focal length
and aperture of a lens that dictates how much or how little DOF a camera will have.

That's funny. And here I am recalling that I said precisely that. But I guess
acknowledging the "wog" was right would hurt the sensibilities of the
enlightened superior race, wouldn't it?

TO Noons... Pull you head in Sweetheart. Be specific if you intend to use this
sort of information in an argument or to start one. That way you'll be right
from the start and not have to learn as your combatants make similar mistakes.

I've been specific: it's the lens focal length and the aperture that define the
DOF. It is incredible that you now try to claim it's not and that I was wrong
in claiming what you say is right. Ah, whatever: that must be your definition
of consistency...