Old April 23rd 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default frankencamera...

Noons writes:

Noons wrote,on my timestamp of 21/04/2012 6:30 PM:
Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 21/04/2012 6:06 AM:

Yep. Enlargement ratio (negative size to print) is actually the most important
aspect of DOF presentation. I'm surprised that Noonsie doesdn't know that.

Stop being such an ignorant fool, Alan:

http://diglloyd.com/blog/2012/201202...thOfField.html

"At a given image size and viewing distance, finer pixel pitch really
doesn't change depth of field"

Yep, that's true.

"As Glenn correctly points out, depth of field is purely an optical
property which is fixed by optical laws, and thus bears no relation
which sensor or film is recording the image"

That's sort-of true. If you're planning to take a picture with one of
two cameras with different sensor (or film) sizes, and you're planning a
print of a particular size -- the degree of enlargement will be larger
from the camera with the smaller sensor (or film). And degree of
enlargemend *does* affect DOF.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info