Old April 7th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default More mediocrity than you can shake a stick at

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 18:36:11 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:
: On 2012-04-06 18:04:28 -0700, tony cooper said:
:
: On 6 Apr 2012 21:38:08 GMT, Andrew Reilly
: wrote:
:
: On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:47:19 -0400, tony cooper wrote:
:
: On Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:33:37 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:52:43 -0700 (PDT), RichA
: wrote:
: : http://canada.shop.lomography.com/cameras
:
: A couple of possibilities:
: 1. That's all they make for film these days.
: 2. You blundered onto a leftover April Fool's site.
:
: Bob
:
: Are you joking? Those are all cameras specifically sold for lomography
: enthusiasts. They each have features used by people who like this
: genre.
:
: Just checked: Flickr has 11882 lomo-related *groups*, and over a million
: and a half photos tagged "lomo". So yes, they're fairly popular in
: certain circles.
:
: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/lomo/interesting/
:
: I think that some of them (photos) look pretty nice, and some of my
: friends have taken great photos with them. I suspect that the sense of
: achievement that must come with getting any correctly exposed frames at
: all must account for some of the appeal.
:
: Cheers,
:
: I recognize that some people like lomography and buy cameras for this
: purpose. To me, they look my mistakes in regular photography.
:
: It is not quite my idea of great photography, but I have fun playing
: with some of the Lomo effects I have available with my iPhone. The
: iPhone usually takes better shots than this, but as you said, some
: people like the effect. ;-)
: http://db.tt/o8tFegT3
:
: No film was harmed in the production of the above shot.

I'd never heard of lomography until Tony replied to my comment earlier in this
thread. But I think I'm starting to get it. The stuff we submitted to the SI
"Bad Pictures" mandate a few years ago was (unintentional) lomography!

Bob