Old March 21st 12, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

"J. Clarke" writes:

In article 9dbf842c-e0bd-4a42-86ca-7f763df7b0f7
@w32g2000vbt.googlegroups.com, says...

Canon doesn't need to wine and dine folks when they have a new product
announcement. The new gear is usually backordered for months due to
the demand. Good luck with your new Mavica.

Uh, just to put things in perspective, I went with Canon instead of
Nikon for the simple reason that B&H had 30ds in stock and the d200 had
been backordered everywhere for weeks.

I remember that backlog. I bought my D200 at Best Buy because they
actually had stock, none of the camera dealers did (perfectly good price
too). (I was upgrading from a Fuji S2 and had Nikon lenses going back
to 1980 at that point, so switching to Canon wasn't really an option.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet,
; http://dd-b.net/