Old May 4th 12, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike[_25_]

Default Canon uses electrical tape to fix $3600 camera body's light-leak

On 03/05/2012 9:37 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2012 16:10:57 -0400, wrote:
: On 02/05/2012 3:51 PM, RichA wrote:
: I hope it's better than just electrical tape. Some of the cheap stuff
: uses crappy rubber adhesive that dries to powder after a while.
: Wouldn't that be nice inside the camera? Likely, they're using an
: acrylic adhesive tape. Maybe.
:
: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/05...d-Roger-Cicala
:
: And your point is? Film based cameras used a neoprene foam light trap.

Methinks his point is that neoprene foam isn't electrical tape.

Bob

Nor did Rich prove that the Canon lightseal was electrical tape, it may
well be opaque mylar tape. I doubt either Rich or the guy who opened the
camera did an analysis of the black material.

--
Mike