Old October 23rd 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
nospam

Default Digital camera with GPS capability

In article , Ron Hunter
wrote:

Willy Eckerslyke wrote:
Mr. Strat wrote:

Just what digital cameras need - another useless feature.

That's a matter of opinion. Having spent quite a few days working out
the grid references for upwards of 15,000 aerial photos, I could really
use a GPS system that worked well. Trouble is, none that I've seen can
accurately locate the subject area as opposed to the camera's position
which may be half a mile away.
http://www.pixaerial.com

Half a mile! You REALLY need a better GPS. Mine is usually accurate to
a few feet!

did you miss the part where he said 'aerial photos' ? unless the
camera is aimed straight down, the position of the camera (in the
plane) is only a very rough guide as to what is in the actual picture.