Old October 23rd 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
ASAAR

Default Digital camera with GPS capability

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:56:26 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

That's a matter of opinion. Having spent quite a few days working out
the grid references for upwards of 15,000 aerial photos, I could really
use a GPS system that worked well. Trouble is, none that I've seen can
accurately locate the subject area as opposed to the camera's position
which may be half a mile away.
http://www.pixaerial.com

Half a mile! You REALLY need a better GPS. Mine is usually accurate to
a few feet!
If I go on a trip, and return home, it won't go to 00 until I actually
put the car under the carport. Leaving it in the driveway (20 feet)
won't do.

whoosh!
If you're in your carport and take a picture of an object half a
mile away (with a GPS enabled camera), does the "00" refer to the
position of the camera or the position of the object? Now if you're
using a camera that records the direction that the camera was
pointing, and that can also record the subject's distance in the
EXIF data, I suppose that the subject/object location can be
determined with a trig. calculator. Not with a great deal of
accuracy, but to a better resolution than half a mile.