Old November 11th 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
newshound

Default Apple ARM

On 10/11/2020 19:46, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
On 10 Nov 2020 at 13:57:28 GMT, "Calum"
wrote:

On 10/11/2020 09:35, Snit wrote:

I am usually an early adopter but will likely wait at least a week to see
how it goes for others. I’ll check how the apps I use are likely to work.

I won’t be moving to Apple Silicon until at least the second year. Give
Apple time to work out bugs.

I'd wager there will be a lot more serious bugs in Big Sur in its first
year than there will be in (or related to) Apple Silicon.

I'll not bet against you. I've been on Big Sur for months. Apple are
better at silicon than .0 macOS releases.

Cheers - Jaimie

Hope you are right about that, just ordered an Air with new silicon as a
christmas present for the wife :-)

She's very happy with her iPhone and always blames me when she can't
make any of "my" tech work (android, chromebook, windows).

It will be interesting to see how it compares with my 2015 MacBook Pro
(which is still very solid).