Old January 28th 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

Default Nikon SP

My local auction house had an auction a week ago with 40 camera lots
among the 400 or so at the auction, and most were junk or trivial, but
the highlight (for me) was a pristine Nikon SP camera body (1962,
titanium shutter). I really hoped against hope that no one else knew
what it was, but that was too much to hope for. I went as high as $260
which is a pittance for that camera, and it sold for only $560, which I
consider a bargain. It would have cost me another $200 or so for the
50mm lens. Still a bargain, and probably could flip it for about
double, but a very expensive camera to play around with as gorgeous as
it is and as good as it is. But I really would have liked it for the
amount that I bid.
--
Michael