Old August 12th 05, 02:39 AM
RichA

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:47:19 -0400, "Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04
@aol.com wrote:

Little Green Eyed Dragon wrote:

So I coughed up the 60.00 for sensor swipes and fluid and proceeded.
I have used just about the whole box and still lots of dust. Some guy
at the camera store suggested putting a single drop of fluid on the
sensor directly and I did it but the dust remains although it moves
from place to place,.... I don't believe there are any scratches
"yet"

NEVER EVER put liquid directly on the sensor of any camera unless the
manufacturer recommends this! We just had a thread were a gentleman ruined
his sensor by adding too much liquid to the swabs.

Make your own swabs with a PEC-PAD and use as little cleaner as possible.

But never wipe the dusty sensor with anything near dry otherwise
you'll scratch it.
It's just like cleaning a delicate first-surface mirror:
1. Blow off as much dust as possible.
2. Use a brush (the right kind) to sweep the sensor.
3. Use the swipes with fluid.

"Bittorrents are REFUNDS for all the BAD movie products Hollywood
never gave us refunds for in the past"