Old November 7th 04, 05:38 AM
Fred

Thanks Bill. Great to know this.

"Big Bill" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:36:29 GMT, "Fred"
wrote:

I would sure appreciate hearing from someone who had this problem and

FIXED
a similar problem. (Please note -- I have already checked the batteries

and
battery contacts. The problem is with the power circuitry.)

I have a C-700 which is about 18 months old. My problem isn't
ordinary battery drain, rather what I suspect to be some kind of short
circuit. Newly inserted batteries, alkaline or (brand new, fully
charged NiMH) re-chargeables only work for a picture or two. I can
open the compartment door, rub the contacts a bit, and get maybe one
more picture, maybe not.

I posted this query about a month ago, and got a suggestion clean the
contacts, check the springs, etc. I have done this and the contact

points
are all good & clean. No change in performance.

Already checked the obvious -- tried several new batteries and all act

the
same, batteries are not in backwards, etc. The problem is with the

camera,
I know that for sure.

Thanks in advance!

Fred

My experience...
I started with a D-600L. It exhibited the same problems you describe
exactly. Olympus fixed it under warranty.I have a C3030Z. It does the
same thing. It's obviously out of warranty, and it's been replaced (by
a Canon A75, as a second camera, and the one my wife uses).
I bought a C4000Z to replace the 3030, and it failed as above under
warranty; Oly fixed it under warranty. It failed again, Oly *said*
they fixed it, but it did the same thing when I got it back. I gave it
away.
I bought a Digital Rebel, and have been very happy with it.

I believe Oly has a problem with their power systems on the PCB. I've
seen others with the same problems, and threads about this problem
come up here, too.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"