Old October 28th 04, 10:29 AM
Chris Brown

R.Schenck wrote:
Just got back from shooting it.I used part of an 800 spd and a roll of 400
spd kodak, I jumped around with the times from 125 down to 1 and all around
inbetween with different apetures throughout. Maybe not the most
systematic way to go about it, but I figure that way I'll at least get some
decent shots.

As the Moon is illuminated by sunlight, one stop under Sunny f/16 is a good
rule of thumb for exposing the (uneclipsed) Moon.

Near totality, you'll need a longer exposure if you want to cature the deep
red part. This will blow the white part out, however. This suggests that,
for detail in the white area, you'd ideally want to bracket around 1/1500,
f/8 with 800 ISO film.