Old August 29th 05, 06:24 PM
Siddhartha Jain

Matt Clara wrote:
A recent conversation with Bill Maxwell reveals that the hot new thing is
focusing screens for DSLRs. Apparently the more affordable DSLRs are
cutting corners with their screens/prisms, so that a demand for
brighter-more highly magnified screens are now in demand. I know this is
true of the D70 I use. I don't believe Bill himself is making these
screens, however, I know he's been performing his screen enhancements for an
individual who is. For more info, feel free to contact Bill.

Take away the AF and AE electronics and spend the money on a bright and
magnified screen. Thats what I would say to dSLR manufacturers.

- Siddhartha