Old April 29th 13, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Stuck Shutter on Kodak Retinette 1A

On 2013-04-28 16:28:44 -0700, Michael said:

I bought a mint condition Kodak Retinette 1A today at an antique store
for $12. The shutter does not open with the button is pressed (though
the advance is released). A quick scan on the web found this to be a
fairly common problem with this particular camera at this particular
age (about 50 years old). Does anyone know a place that will do a
reasonably priced clean and adjust on this camera? Without the repair
it's just a nice ornament on my shelf of antique cameras.

Here are a few to consider:
http://peachtreecamerarepair.com/_pcr/vintage-cameras/
http://www.zeissikonrolleirepair.com/
http://flutotscamerarepair.com/