Old August 28th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Hilton

Default Nikon announces Auto Sensor Cleaner for 2007

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
These technological advancements in dSLR design are amazing! I never
thought I'd live to see the day that Nikon would incorporate sensor-cleaning
technology in their dSLRs.

Nikon's adaptation of auto-sensor cleaning will likely parallel their
response to Canon's IS technology ... first the Nikon users said it
wouldn't work, then when faced with hard evidence they are wrong they
will now say maybe it works but you didn't really need it if you had
"good technique".

Then Nikon will announce that they are coming out with the same feature
with a new name (VR in this case), then Nikon will announce that it
will take 2 years to actually ship something with the new technology,
then 2 1/2 years later Nikon will deliver a product (in small quantity
for several months).

And then the Nikon users will flood the newsgroups with posts like "VR
really works!" ...

Expect the same basic flowchart with auto-sensor cleaning They are
in the jealousy/denial phase at the moment ...

Bill