Old August 28th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

Default user review of Canon 400D, 50 mm f/1.2 L and 70-200 f/4 L IS

"Bill Funk" wrote:
"Bill Hilton" wrote:

Some interesting stuff on the sensor cleaning feature, Canon's probable
lack of a 1D or 1Ds replacement in Sept, and assorted other opinions.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...el%20xti.shtml

"Repeat after me: This is not a review. I repeat - this is not a
review!"

But he told us what we needed to know: that the UI is not as much of a
disaster as expected but rather works just fine (I think he's forgotten the
300D UI, which was quite nice; it sounds as though Canon may have got it
back to 300D level), and that you do take a hit at ISO 1600.

I wish someone understood dynamic range (which is (max signal)/(noise
floor)), measured it in those terms, and then showed us how to actually use
the measured DR. It looks to me that even Imatest gets it wrong.

PS: There's too many Bills here. Fortunately, they all make reasonable
sense, so there's no real need to keep them straightg. Now the Davids.
We've got axes up the wazoo. Very easy to keep us straight.

David J. Littleboy
Pot: Kettle, though truly beest very very black.
Tokyo, Japan