Old May 18th 04, 01:08 AM
CWal871581

Default zone system test with filter on lens?

Phil Lamerton wrote:
I'd like to photograph a gray card outside on an overcast day, in
order to do some zone system testing with my new camera and lenses.

Since I will eventually be using the camera in the portrait studio
with a yellow/green filter, would it be wrong to do the testing with
the filter over the lens?

Are you doing a film speed test? If you intend to use the filter nothing
wrong with testing with the filter on. It'll give you a more accurate

result.

Nick

I agree,....its the best method for absolute testing.

HREF="http://members.verizon.net/~gregoryblank"http://members.verizon.net
/~gregoryblank/A

If the yellow filter was put on and zones I to X were shot (at the EI
determined
by a no filter test), and then the film was processed using what the no filter
test determined to be the correct time and agitation, what is the predicted
change in the density in the shots that used the filter?

TIA,
Curtis