Old August 11th 20, 11:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Carlos E.R.

Default Question about the Nikon WMU app

On 11/08/2020 04.42, geoff wrote:
On 11/08/2020 12:12 pm, Carlos E.R. wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about the Nikon WMU app (Wireless Mobile Utility)
for Android.

How does one close the app?

I can't, it stays in the notification area of the phone. I know I did
exit the app in the past, but today I can not find where. It was
somewhere in the menu.

Google is of no help. I find things about the app, but nothing
specific about how to totally exit it.

The only remaining way is to reboot the phone :-(

Try going to the three vertical lines icon on the bottom LHS of phone.
Click on it , then select 'Close All' . You'll be surprised to see all
the apps still there that you assumed were closed. Only ones with
explicit 'Exit' or 'Close' boxes actually get closed.

This phone doesn't have the bottom global menu. Instead, it has a finger
sensor outside of the screen area, which detect gestures. Slide right
shows the list of previously used apps. There is no "close all". If I
slide out an app, it normally closes, except this one (the TomTom app,
called "My Drive" similarly refuses to close).

As I commented on another message, I got it closed by going to the
general Android Setup icon, then applications, then find the wmu app,
then force close application.

--
Cheers, Carlos.