Old August 11th 20, 11:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Carlos E.R.

Default Question about the Nikon WMU app

On 11/08/2020 06.32, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 02:12:39 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

How does one close the app?

Hi Carlos,

What happens when you "press and hold the back button" while in the app?
https://i.postimg.cc/gjZR18Yz/nikon02.jpg

No such button nor menu. See my other answer.

To help you out, I installed the Nikon Wireless Mobility Utility on my Moto
G7 Android 10 so that I could try to reproduce the problem you're seeing:
o WirelessMobileUtility, by Nikon Corporation
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nikon.wu.wmau

Mine was the Nikon WMU version 1.6.2.3001.106023001 from Google Play.
https://i.postimg.cc/pXjQLvPr/nikon01.jpg

It has a gear icon at top right when the app is open, where I went first to
look to see if it has a "stay open at all costs" option somewhere. (It also
gets to the settings if you "press and hold the back button" while the app
is running.)

The only setting that "could" have an effect on your issue, would be the
"app auto launch" setting which defaults to "no"; but I doubt that's your
issue since you aren't saying the app is automatically launching on its
own.

No, I start it manually.

However, when you press and hold the back button while the app is running,
it does have an "Exit" button on the bottom right, which works for me.
https://i.postimg.cc/gjZR18Yz/nikon02.jpg

--
Cheers, Carlos.