Old August 24th 16, 07:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Problem with photos to DVD-R or CD-R.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 23:32:57 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
2016082323325759317-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom:

On 2016-08-24 05:58:41 +0000, android said:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 22:09:38 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
2016082322093881977-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom:

On 2016-08-24 05:04:07 +0000, android said:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:47:56 -0700, Savageduck
wrote in
2016082321475682819-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom:

On 2016-08-24 04:25:40 +0000, android said:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:19:06 -0400, Mort wrote in
:

android wrote:

---

I burned the photos to a DVD+R as a DVD,
and the results are weird. Under "scenes" playback, I got an
out-of-control slide show that did not respond to stop, next, etc,
but just kept on going. Under "play", each photo started as a
close-up, and then zoomed out to the full photo frame; all
automatically and with no control possible from me.

Frankly, I am ready to quit. It is just not worth the effort.

May I suggest a Dropbox account? Just send them a link to a root
folder and they can navigate from there. A free one should go a
long way. I've tinyurled such a link:

http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography

Just tell your friends to click the box away...

Some of his friends do not own/use computers, so DB is not a
solution.
A cross platform, system blind DVD photo disc is the only workable
option for the bulk of his recipients. He just has to find a way to
burn those photo discs without built in problems.

Not hassle free for him apparently, if you read the above.

...er, that would be the reason he started this thread.

Further: My guess is that most of his costumers has a computer with
internet access...

My guess is he has no "costumers" with, or without a computer.

He does have friends who have no computer access, but who have the
means to play a photo disc (DVD) on a DVD player connected to a TV.

My "guess" is that you are very naive in this...

My guess is you haven't grasped what Mort is trying to do.

Right... :-ppp
--
teleportation kills