Old August 24th 16, 05:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Problem with photos to DVD-R or CD-R.

On 2016-08-24 04:25:40 +0000, android said:

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:19:06 -0400, Mort wrote in
:

android wrote:
If all you want do is to look at your pictures on a larger screen,
then you can use the HDMI port on your computer to connect to the
HDMI ditto on your TV and mirror the desktop. Provided that your gear
have such, of course...

Thanks a lot. My problem is with my older friends who have no computer
and want to see the photos on their TV sets via their DVD player.

Then I don't understand the extra monitor thingy at all!

I tried something new today. I burned the photos to a DVD+R as a DVD,
and the results are weird. Under "scenes" playback, I got an
out-of-control slide show that did not respond to stop, next, etc, but
just kept on going. Under "play", each photo started as a close-up, and
then zoomed out to the full photo frame; all automatically and with no
control possible from me.

Frankly, I am ready to quit. It is just not worth the effort.

May I suggest a Dropbox account? Just send them a link to a root folder
and they can navigate from there. A free one should go a long way. I've
tinyurled such a link:

http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography

Just tell your friends to click the box away...

Some of his friends do not own/use computers, so DB is not a solution.
A cross platform, system blind DVD photo disc is the only workable
option for the bulk of his recipients. He just has to find a way to
burn those photo discs without built in problems.

Savageduck