Old August 23rd 16, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

Default Problem with photos to DVD-R or CD-R.

On 23 Aug 2016 in rec.photo.digital, Mort wrote:

Thanks a lot. My problem is with my older friends who have no
computer and want to see the photos on their TV sets via their DVD
player.

I tried something new today. I burned the photos to a DVD+R as a
DVD, and the results are weird. Under "scenes" playback, I got an
out-of-control slide show that did not respond to stop, next, etc,
but just kept on going. Under "play", each photo started as a
close-up, and then zoomed out to the full photo frame; all
automatically and with no control possible from me.

Frankly, I am ready to quit. It is just not worth the effort.

Thanks again, all, for your help and kindness. It is time for my
strategic retreat.

You mentioned in your initial post that you're using Picasa. Not
having such handy, I don't know what 'stuff' it adds to the CD / DVD
other than pictures. However, you might try copying only pictures -
outside Picasa - to the root of a CD / DVD and see if that will play
properly.

I had a similar problem - got a USB drive full of pictures from a
cousin, and passed copies of it along to other family members. One of
the members mentioned that they could only see one picture, so I
dutifully pulled out another USB drive, copied pictures to it, and
since we were going to visit them anyway, took it to them. Turns out
the two drives were identical, and the issue had more to do with the
fact that whatever software had created the collection in the first
place, and whatever was being used to read it, had different
expectations.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/