Old September 27th 15, 07:21 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Super Moon eclipse

On 9/26/15 PDT 10:09 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| I would like an app which, when I turn around the phone, shows me
| exactly where to expect the moon to rise, does such an app exist?

There's no need for an app. It's easy to find moon
phase times online. Here's an example:

http://www.calendar-365.com/moon/moon-phases.html

it's much easier with an app on a phone that tells you where the moon
is *now* and which can be checked while outside and not just for the
moon either.

Some apps on the iPhone don't require you to be outside at all. As long
as you're in a location known to the phone, and it has a recent
orientation, your WiFi or cell connection will do it all. Night Sky is
one such app.