Old March 20th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

Default Seattle Film Works Process SFW-XL

On 2008-03-19 22:35:27 -0400, Bob said:

On 13 Feb 2006 17:49:07 -0800, "djs" wrote:

|I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
|Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
|them developed? I searched several photograph news groups but there is
|very little information that isn't over 6 years old.
|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
|Some advice that I find says the film is old movei film. Others have
|stated that it is C-41.
|The local labs won't touch it. What is a person to do to get these
|rolls developed?
|
|Thanks in advance,
|djs

They have a newsletter:

From: "PhotoWorks"

Copyright 2007 PhotoWorks Inc. | 71 Columbia Street Suite 200, Seattle, WA
98104

** Free standard shipping on prints offer applies to online digital print
orders of $20 or more placed by 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Offer is not
applicable to gift certificates or pre-paid products and cannot be used in
combination with any other offers. Offer does not apply to non-print items
within the same order. Offer expires 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Enter coupon
code DECEMBERNEWS during checkout. Offer not valid on shipping addresses
outside of the continental U.S.

They also have a large website at http://www.photoworks.com, with
many functions like digital to prints, prints to digital, and C-41/etc.
developments, but this might get you all nfo you need for now.......

SFW originally sold respooled movie film and processed it to negative,
as it is supposed to be, and then made prints and also printed on
positive film to provide slides. They were kind of lousy and had to be
developed either by SFW or by Dale or other such companies, because the
jet backing on the movie stock would gunk up commercial processors.
Then SFW started selling regular C41 film and doing the same process,
but they implied it was different so you'd have to go to them for
processing. The downside was that even though ANY commercial processor
could process the film, they were all afraid of it because of the old
days of the movie stock. I THINK what you've got is the newer C41 film,
but cannot be sure. Rocky Mountain photo labs will process it if it's
the movie stock, but at about $35 plus dollars aroll.
--
Michael