Old January 5th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mick Harris

Default hawk

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" wrote in message

I finally got a chance to experiment with my new 30D. Here's a
picture of a hawk (look for the featured image):

http://www.posted-online.com/

that I particularly like, and that shows what the camera can do.

Though the hawk was soaring through the desert, the camera's auto-focus
kept the bird sharp, and the resolving power of the sensor shows the
details of the bird's wings. You can almost imagine the bird has an
angry look on its face. Or maybe it's just determination....

I used the 17-85 USM IS lens, ASA 100 (I think), and the "standard"
picture setting.

-Joel

Nice capture Joel, well done. It must have flown very close to fill the
frame with that lens.
ATB
Mick