Old March 9th 04, 11:09 PM
Gary Beasley

Default Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:39:17 GMT, "Jason Charalambides"
wrote:

Try this link for a bunch of development times and combinations:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

I personally like TriX shot at 100 ASA with Rodinal 1+50 developed for 7.5
minutes. I usually shoot with a red filter. Now I can assure you that this
is not a development time you will find elsewhere but I do that in order to
get more than just a couple of shades of gray (!) decent contrast, darker
skies and Rodinal is so sharp! I had many years of experimentation until I
came up with this formula that I keep for TriX. If you shoot TriX at 400
the development time and the mixing is right on. It is however more grainy
this way.

JC

That sound intrigueing, I think I'll try it, thanks!