Old November 27th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Need help selecting digital camera

Alan Browne wrote:
McPhotos wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

www.dpreview.com is a very good place for you to winnow your
choices.

For good prints at 5x7 and reasonable at 8x10 consider a camera
with about 300 dpi potential output:

5 x 300 = 1500
7 x 300 = 2100 X

= ~ 3 Mpixels.

So any 4 or 5 Mpix camera that otherwise meets your needs should
suffice.

Cameras do not have dpi output. Digital images are composed of
pixels,

Please read more carefully next time.

You simply don't get it, or you're too arrogant to admit you're wrong.
Neither is becoming.

The tie in is his desire for 7x5 prints and the arithmetic provided (and
restored above) makes the link clear enough.

The conclusion is all right, but you're confused on dots and pixels;
always have been.

Take your annon-nym and blow.

My bad on the latter; am trying new newsfeeds, and normally sign in
full, as you know. In the case of intransigents, I sometimes use the
dismissive "lsmft".

--
John McWilliams